Service Contract signed with the European Commission DG EAC
In the framework of this service contract, BES in cooperation with UNICA (consortium leader) will contribute to the following contract outcomes:
- To raise awareness about EU Higher Education policies and modernisation process and to promote reforms convergent with the principles of the Lisbon Agenda and Bologna Process in the Tempus partner countries.
- To provide updated information and specific training regarding EU Higher Education policies corresponding to the needs of the National Tempus Teams of Higher Education Reform Experts in the Tempus countries and to support their networking.
In order to do so, the following activities are envisaged:
- The organisation of two training seminars for the specific needs of the National Teams of Higher Education Reform Experts of the Tempus countries in the first half of 2008.
- Provision and dissemination of updated information and documentation regarding EU Higher Education Policies.
- Thematic support to Higher Education Reform Experts upon their request.
- Maintenance of mechanisms of information, communication and coordination ensuring a smooth functioning of the National Teams of Higher Education Reform Experts in the Tempus countries.
- Integration of the National Teams of Higher Education Reform Experts of the Tempus countries into the “Virtual Community” of the Bologna Experts developed and maintained in the framework of the Information Project on HE Reforms II.
Regular updates on this project will be provided on the Commission’s web pages as well as on the Bologna Promoters’ Virtual Community.
Funded by European Commission, DG Education and Culture
Contract Period: 20.12. 2007 – 19.12. 2008
- UNICA: Network of the UNIversities of the CApitals in Europe – www.unica-network.eu (Consortium Leader)